Injured duck

I've only just found this thread, but wanted to reassure you! I had an incident about this time last year where my whole flock was wiped out bar one duck. I found her hiding in a bush under my kids window. She was hurt, but the mental scars were far deeper. She was off food for afew days, just in pure shock. She was alittle shaky/wobbly but it didn't last long. Anytime she saw a bush russel she would freak out. I became her flock despite her never having hands on handling before. She'd happily graze in the yard so long as she could see me. Sounds like you are doing the best you can for your drake given the circumstances

I've only just found this thread, but wanted to reassure you! I had an incident about this time last year where my whole flock was wiped out bar one duck. I found her hiding in a bush under my kids window. She was hurt, but the mental scars were far deeper. She was off food for afew days, just in pure shock. She was alittle shaky/wobbly but it didn't last long. Anytime she saw a bush russel she would freak out. I became her flock despite her never having hands on handling before. She'd happily graze in the yard so long as she could see me. Sounds like you are doing the best you can for your drake given the circumstances
Thank you! He is definitely getting used to me as the same we never touched them. He calls out if I am out of his sight too long but goes right back to grazing once he sees me. I also put a mirror beside his cage and he lays in front of it a lot now. I am trying my best to keep him from becoming depressed. But thank you very much for the encouraging words!

Back
Top Bottom