Injured gosling, possible Niacin deficiency?

BlueSoul

Chirping
May 11, 2021
We've raised chickens before but only one gose but I don't remember having an issue like this. We got fifteen week old ducklings and one gosling, the guy that hatched them had two but the other died after hatching so we took it in. They're almost there weeks now.

I checked on them two nights ago and the goose looked like it was melted to the floor so I separated her, thinking that she had been stepped on too much. She didn't walk for a full day, she would flip over and wriggle around (kind of having spasms). Her legs seem to be weak and she won't even lower the left, the wrist and knee joints are purple and inflamed.

I've gotten better quality food and water with antibiotics, I've also been feeding them milworms. The goose eats, drinks and can move everything but her legs. We're getting Niacin supplements because my mother thinks it will help, I've also got a pen ready to bring the ducks outside but I'm at a lose with the goose.

She's an African Goose

We switched from poor quality food to Country Lane poultry feet witch is the best we could find. We couldn't find niacin supplements anywhere but we found B-complex, I don't know if geese can have it, and we're feeding her and the ducklings milworms and some greens I heard that I can give them scrambled eggs

We switched from poor quality food to Country Lane poultry feet witch is the best we could find. We couldn't find niacin supplements anywhere but we found B-complex, I don't know if geese can have it, and we're feeding her and the ducklings milworms and some greens I heard that I can give them scrambled eggs
Geese can have b-vitamin complex. I fed it to one of my geese that had wry neck

R61e4e430eca009beae7e7a3c73e0f491.jpg

I gave him this, just a few milliliters

Back
Top Bottom