Injured Guinea Fowl--HELP!

Can you examine the leg? If the injury doesn’t resolve itself in a few days, is a vet an option? I think you are doing the right thing separating him and letting him heal. As for his flock, does he have other Guinea fowl or do you have only chickens? Lastly, I do give layer feed for a few months every year to all poultry, male and female. IMO, it’s sustained layer feed that is dangerous to the kidneys. It’s possible I’ll have roosters and cocks with kidney disease down the road, but so far so good.
We have examined the leg, we don't see anything visibly wrong other than he wont use it or he tries and falls over. He is getting more perky by the day and has started moving more but still wont stand well. I wanted to try and splint the leg but I have no idea where I would as it looks completely normal.

We have examined the leg, we don't see anything visibly wrong other than he wont use it or he tries and falls over. He is getting more perky by the day and has started moving more but still wont stand well. I wanted to try and splint the leg but I have no idea where I would as it looks completely normal.
Well it’s encouraging that he’s perkier… You could try posting on the disease and emergencies forum but if you’re unable to localize the injury then I’d be hesitant to splint.

Back
Top Bottom