Injured testies 😫😫HEEEEELLLLP!!!!!!😫😫

I don't have any specific advice. Obviously, keep it clean and get him to a vet, and keep him apart from other rabbits, but it sounds like you are already working on all of those.

I think there is a small chance that the vet can clean those parts, put them back inside, and stitch him up.

I think there is a much great chance that neutering him (remove the parts that are hanging out) will be the only reasonable choice. Of course that would end his breeding career.

So I recommend you think now about whether you would want to have him as a neutered pet, or whether you would want him euthanized instead, or whether you would want to butcher him now for meat. The right answer for you will depend on why you keep rabbits, which is something I don't know.

Last edited:
I don't have any specific advise. Obviously, keep it clean and get him to a vet, and keep him apart from other rabbits, but it sounds like you are already working on all of those.

I think there is a small chance that the vet can clean those parts, put them back inside, and stitch him up.

I think there is a much great chance that neutering him (remove the parts that are hanging out) will be the only reasonable choice. Of course that would end his breeding career.

So I recommend you think now about whether you would want to have him as a neutered pet, or whether you would want him euthanized instead, or whether you would want to butcher him now for meat. The right answer for you will depend on why you keep rabbits, which is something I don't know.
I call him a great breeder but… he’s only been a dad twice.. to 2 separate litters of 6 healthy babies but yea if that’s what needs to be done so be it. I wasn’t planning on making him a breeder it kinda just happened naturally and after the 2nd time I just keep them separate. My girls obviously over being a mom so that’s that

I call him a great breeder but… he’s only been a dad twice.. to 2 separate litters of 6 healthy babies but yea if that’s what needs to be done so be it. I wasn’t planning on making him a breeder it kinda just happened naturally and after the 2nd time I just keep them separate. My girls obviously over being a mom so that’s that
How is he doing?

Update: I was able to get him neutered with no problem. The vet said I did a good job keeping it clean although a bad injury it wasn’t life threatening and got him taken care of almost $400 out of pocket mostly for the “small animal vet” thanks for checking on my boy🐰
I was just thinking about this!
Glad he's OK.......tho not of much use anymore, except for a pet.

My Peter is 2yrs old great breeder. Today my daughter put him out in the pen with our female and we stepped away for a min to come back and find him like this!!!(pic attached) I cleaned it up as best I could trimmed away any excess fur near the site. It’s really red but not bleeding as much as you would expect and the little blood it’s letting out is light pinkish color. He’s super mellow so handling him isn’t an issue I’ve touched it gently quite a bit while cleaning and he doesn’t even flinch. It appears his sack was torn open and the testie is just hanging out. I want to put antibiotic ointment but since it’s not bothering him I want to let him be. I’ve been checking on him and he licks it and is keeping it clean himself and is eating and drinking water just fine. He doesn’t have fever or show any signs of being in pain but the testie itself is cold to the touch. I usually use Nustock but don’t want to put any on him until he gets better at least scabs or something. I can’t afford to take him to the vet and my assumption is that this is mayyyyyy potentially happen in the wild and they figure it out..right?😓 I figure I keep his cage and wounds as clean as I can while letting him do what he needs to do to heal. I plan on trimming dead meat away as it dies, there’s a tiny bit of dying skin at the tip(or end) I’ll start there and keep everyone updated any advice is greatly appreciated 🙏🏼
Oh my, yes, go to a vet, he looks de gloved for sure. I have a sis n law, she has hundreds of bunnies: ask for Venmo help, I’m sure we can all give a dollar each to help. And for heaven’s sake no clipping let the vet help. GodSpeed wit him.

Back
Top Bottom