Injuries... plz help

Syringe it in mouth?
Immediately gave each arnica. And it has definitely slowed the breathing a lot.. not quite normal yet on the jersey ... with gaping hole in back
We will need pics of the wound. Chicken lungs are in it's back, so this could be quite serious. But chickens are surprisingly resilient. Can't say more until we can see what you're dealing with.

Poor birdie...

I can imagine.
Can you see pics?
Dont i need to pull the skin back together on the black one?
Dont have suture but have something else i can use... as long as the skin doesnt tear and it comes out? What antibiotic should i put on it to close? Betadine? That is the only thing i can think to use that can be left on there when closing??

Can you see pics?
Dont i need to pull the skin back together on the black one?
Dont have suture but have something else i can use... as long as the skin doesnt tear and it comes out? What antibiotic should i put on it to close? Betadine? That is the only thing i can think to use that can be left on there when closing??
You need more qualified folks than me. It's hard to tell how deep it is in the pic, but it looks very deep. How are they breathing now? Any clicking or rattling when they breathe?

@azygous
@Eggcessive
@Wyorp Rock

No the black girl isnt breathing with her mouth open anymore.. and occasionally closes her eyes.. then in a few minutes they pop back open.
The white one still cant stand... but when she. Hears my voice she stretches her head up as best she can to see me above the box.
We are in process of making them place to be together to bed them down for the night.
But i think this skin needs to be pulled together on her back. I realize there are probably important things injured it is a mess down in there.. but just to close it seems the right thing to do??
Guess i could just get it moist with saline and spray antibiotic on it and cover with nonstick dressing over night and close it in the morning if she is still alive???? I have squawled my eyes out!!
Wounds usually close themselves. The general treatment is to clean it with warm water or saline or hibiclens, etc. and slather it with antibiotic ointment without dressing it, making sure not to let it dry out while healing.

I wonder do you just have the two Chickens or just them attacked. ?
You have been given wonderful advice other wise.

I wonder do you just have the two Chickens or just them attacked. ?
You have been given wonderful advice other wise.
Just the 2 attacked. We had 4 buff orpingtons, 4 lt brahma, 4 black jersey giants. Lost one black jersey last night. Not sure how this will end up with my brahma? Cant get her to eat. But she drinks. Our boy is a lt brahma.
Got them all as day old chicks the same day. They have neve been apart. That is why i worry about her being alone now!

Back
Top Bottom