Insane Hen

ntankovich

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 8, 2013
Hello! I'm a suburb chicken owner and lately one of my newest is acting like she's gone insane! She JUST started laying in the past couple weeks. She walks around a lot alone, paces around my fenced off garden area and eventually flies into it. If I take her out she just paces back and forth and does it again. She also does this with the kids playhouse next to the garden and today flew to the top and almost over my neighbors privacy fence! I'm not sure if it's because her body is doing strange things and she hasn't gotten the hang of it but I was hoping someone else might be familiar. Anyone have advice?

My chickens,including roosters will walk around the sheds etc during a laying hours.Not sure why they do it instead of just going to the nest box.Trust me if they could fly on the sheds,they would lay eggs up there.Maybe their just eager and excited to lay....

They dont wall they pace.With their eyes looking up at the sheds.My roosters even attempted to fly u on the shed.

Crazy! She's now underneath my deck and it looks like she's laying. I've never seen any of my chickens do this! She just looks frantic!

My chickens pace when they want something. When my older flock sees me or DH give chicks a treat, they pace back and forth waiting for their turn. The chicks also do this if I give the older flock their treats first.

I think she was eager for a spot too! She's not acting frantic anymore and she laid her teeny tiny egg. All is right in the world again.

Back
Top Bottom