Inside or Outside duck house!

Lover duck duck

Songster
6 Years
Apr 10, 2018
Hello,
I am building a 30’ x 30’ predator proof pen for my 10 ducklings. I have research a lot of forums and seen how many people attach the pen to a shed or a duck/chicken coop but some just put it inside the pen. I can’t make up my mind of what I should do best. The duck house will be 8’ x 8’. So with that said what is everyone’s recommendations? Inside the pen or outside the pen with pen attached?

I wondered the same thing. I think with your amount of space though it will come down to which is easier for you and how well you can predator proof the join between house and run if that's what you want to do. Also if you have any doubt about the house being predator proof then I would put it inside.

If you have the room, do it outside. Same logic for people having their chicken nest boxes external. Makes more space in the run/coop. In your case, having the pen outside the 30 by 30 run means you have not "wasted" 8 by 8 inside the run.

Yes I have plenty of space. The house is being build predator proof also so it won’t be a problem if I end up putting it in the outside and @paneubert I can attach it really well so I have no problem with that just couldn’t make up my mind. But I think y’all have made it up for me. Outside it is. Thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom