1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Inside vs. Outside

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by new2chickens2011, Oct 6, 2011.

1. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    For those of you who have a coop with attached run, do you put your feeders and waterers inside the actual coop/house or out in the run? Just curious, as my waterers seem to get dirty and in the way of the dust baths the girls like to take [​IMG]

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    In the warmer months I feed inside with a homemade hopper that holds 50# of feed and water out, but once freezing temps hit the water has to be moved in.

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    I have a open faced coop but I keep the food underneath the roof. I use the water nipples! The waterers NEVER get dirty!! LOVE them!!

[​IMG]

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I keep the food in the coop, so it won't attract wild birds or animals.

In the winter I have heated water in the coop, which has electricity. In warm weather, I have water in the coop, the run and there's water in a couple of spots on the property. The chickens can range over 5 acres and I like to make it easy for them to get water when it's really hot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by