Insulation and the coop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just say as someone who just lost their flock to a fire due to lighting in the coop I find yall arguining over this ridiculous!!! What works for you works. If you use lights I pray your flock doesn't come to the same ending as mine did. If you don't I hope yours are warm through the cold months.

Arguing and snide comments don't change anyone perspective.

I do apologize if I came across as snide. That certainly wasn't my intention when I, with all good intentions, mentioned that dust and dander with any heat source could be another potential cause of fires. Needless to say, after our incident with the smoking light bulb, we dusted it well and made sure the cord for the tank heater in the waterer was plugged in properly and completely, and I won't be neglecting to check that bulb regularly. I think I'll just plead temporary insanity when my credibility seemed to be questioned - a bad habit I have that I need to control better. That might be a New Year's resolution I can actually work harder to keep, rather than the annual weight loss thing.
hmm.png

I am so sorry for your losses. That has to be an awful thing to go through. I hope you will go on to replace your coop and your flock, and if so I wish you all the best with them.

I wasn't pointing anyone out in general. Just what I saw. I stopped reading at some point. I am in the process of building a new coop (new thread asking for ideas) and th chicks will be ready late February.

It was awful. I will never keep any light in my coop. I also live in Texas so it's hot (90+) 9-10 months out of the year. So we focus on keeping cool here.

Thank you. :)

I wasn't pointing anyone out in general. Just what I saw. I stopped reading at some point. I am in the process of building a new coop (new thread asking for ideas) and th chicks will be ready late February.

It was awful. I will never keep any light in my coop. I also live in Texas so it's hot (90+) 9-10 months out of the year. So we focus on keeping cool here.

Thank you.
smile.png

While I understood that you were not citing anyone in particular, after your post I realized that I had fallen into the trap of getting "the last word", and that's a pretty yucky place to be. So I apologized more for hijacking the thread prattling about temperatures here, and to anyone who might have thought my remarks were unkind and aimed at anyone.

I'm so glad that you haven't given up and are starting over. I'm sure you'll get tons of good ideas for your coop!

Haha sensitivity issue?? Hardly. But nice try with the personal "Insult"

Sarcastic? Not hardly. Someone might have a comprehension issue maybe?

Coop fires are a real threat and a sober reminder to all to be very careful.

However, this thread fails it's educational purpose when argumentative strife dominates the tone. Too bad.
So, down comes the curtain on this drama. Thanks to all who participated.

Mod staff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom