Integrating 2-3 hens into a mixed flock of 180

Maybe let them explore the main coop after your flock is left out to range. This way they will have some time alone to get aquainted with their new home without being stressed by the inhabitants. And after a few hours to get comfortable open the coop and let them range with the others.
That might be a little hard to do considering all nest boxes are inside and right now it’s over 100* everyday here in south Texas.
i do have plenty of shade outside, however I could always do it later in the evening when most are done laying.
i am still trying to capture the one last chicken left alive from the neighbors flock. She is a Wiley one and trying to lure her closer with food and water.

Thanks, I did worm them already, and I will treat them for external parasites.
since our chickens have had contact with each other for over a year or more, I am concerned about them having anything my chickens don’t already have.
i forgot to post in the original one That I am the one who gave them a few of my “cackle surprise” chicks and since one is a Americana (sp?) I know she is one of the chicks I gave our neighbor.
What did you use to worm them and treat for external parasites? I'm getting ready to integrate 3 into a flock of 4 and find so much conflicting info!

Back
Top Bottom