Integrating ducklings together

Baylee_baby_

Songster
Apr 27, 2021
Utah
I ordered 20 ducks on 3/15/2023 and 5 that were alive were delivered of assorted ducklings a week later, but my Khaki Campbells didn't even get to the post office until a week later after the other ducklings arrived. So I guess my question is how to get them safely together or if I should just keep them separated until they're older. At the moment I have the Khaki Campbells in a large pool and a clear tote in the middle which has the assorted ducklings, but wondering if there's a better way to do things?

I ordered 20 ducks on 3/15/2023 and 5 that were alive were delivered of assorted ducklings a week later, but my Khaki Campbells didn't even get to the post office until a week later after the other ducklings arrived. So I guess my question is how to get them safely together or if I should just keep them separated until they're older. At the moment I have the Khaki Campbells in a large pool and a clear tote in the middle which has the assorted ducklings, but wondering if there's a better way to do things?
What is the age difference?

Ducklings that young might actually mix pretty well. Once the littles seem strong enough to handle a bit of bumping (4 or 5 days) you can see how they do. Ducklings are not as rough on each other as chicks are.
They seem to just nip at each other instead of trying to crush and pull fluff out like chickens do, so I'll try again in a week to introduce them. Hopefully they get along haha.

Back
Top Bottom