Integration

3chickchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jun 25, 2013
Utah
I'm on Day 3 of introducing some 12-ish week old chicks to some adult birds. Mine free range so they have lots of space. Also have many water and feed stations for them.

Anyway, Day 3 means the new girls are allowed to roost with them. But don't they dare drink water at the same time.
roll.png
Crazy birds.

Pretty normal flock dynamics. Any outsider is considered a threat to well being of the flock. They're going to guard food and water sources for flockmates.

Think about if you and your family were stuck on an island that was controlled by giant monster chickens that would give you food and water every day. Then the monster chickens brought more people to the island, you may not trust the outsiders.
I don't know if that's a good analogy but it's the best I could do this early in the morning.

Pretty normal flock dynamics. Any outsider is considered a threat to well being of the flock. They're going to guard food and water sources for flockmates.

Think about if you and your family were stuck on an island that was controlled by giant monster chickens that would give you food and water every day. Then the monster chickens brought more people to the island, you may not trust the outsiders.
I don't know if that's a good analogy but it's the best I could do this early in the morning.
Maybe not, but it created a vivid image in my mind that cracked me up...tiny people scurrying around giant chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom