Interested in breeding. Need advice.

Chicken.Lytle :

I am also interested in BCMs bred to SOP. I have been following this thread and I am under the impression that these birds are not yet an accepted standard breed for APA .

Be that as it may, I expect it will become a standard breed eventually. In the meantime one could breed to the proposed SOP. But I am only interested in breeding, selling eggs, and hatching. I am not interested in showing. Is this practical? How negative would it be to raise show quality birds without showing them?

So, back to the original question -- where can Southerners (MS, TX) get good quality Black Copper Marans breeders?

Exactly. Hopefully they will be accepted soon!​

I would love to do that but I don't have an incubator....yet! That's probably my next endeavor. I figure if I want to start breeding I will most definitely need a good one. I did some looking and reading on BYC. I want the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance Ex, but it will be awhile before I can get that. That's why I was hoping to get chicks. I know there are cheaper less automatic incubators, but I would hate to try my first attempt at hatching and fail with these beautiful eggs.

Last edited:
The Marans Club of AMerica is very active and the BCM's are a stones throw from being accepted into the Standard. If you were to contact the Marans club you'd have enough sup[port to start a revolution! Best of luck with your endeavors!

Chicken Revolution!
big_smile.png
I am ready! Now just to find chicks! Or tell my darling I want nothing more than an incubator
wink.png
working on this...

Back
Top Bottom