Interested in Feathers

vbarriage

Hatching
Apr 2, 2017
Hello
My name is Virginia; I am 73 years of age and still "going" strong. I have many hobbies and interests, but now I want to make my Pheasant gifts and offer them for sale on Etsy.com -- store name is -- Feathers 'N Faith.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
NO, I am not "new" to chickens, my grandparents had chickens when I was growing up and sold eggs, chickens, etc in a small community "Wayne City, ILL".

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None now, I am all grown up and do not have chickens -- I live in the city.

(3) What breeds do you have? N/A

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I was searching on the internet for Pheasant feathers. I made items from Pheasant feathers, I started out with the common pheasant Ring Neck because they are so pretty. I make "cone" trees and am building a website on Etsy.com to sell them. The site and sales should begin around the end of April. I want an "inventory", some will be 3-size nesting trees. I have purchased feathers of the Ring Neck, and added the beautiful black feather with white "dots" on the tips. I'd have to look up the name of that one. I want to expland my inventory to include other beautiful feathers of various colors: blues, red, golds, and more. Am always trying to buy them wholesale for my business and directly from pheasant farms.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Have one other website for pregnant information (PregnancyPointers.Net) and building another website to help people become more healthy through eating, etc, and encouraging people to earn their own income via personal business.
Also make Disciples Cross item, complete with Scripture, simulated necklace which is adjustable, packaged in zip-lock bag -- a complete unit and have made them for more than 10 years, have sold them for Harley riders, Green Bay and other fans (made as requested colors) and many, many fund raisers.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Let's see. Many years ago, my husband worked for McFarland Pheason Farm in Janesville, WISC -- drove a truck filled with pheasants: adults, eggs, babies, and more, he drove all over the midWest of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Michagan and wherever customers wanted the cargo to end up. I am from Ill-Wisc area, have lived in 12 states, too many cities to count, plus traveled to Mexico, Canada, Iceland, and Europe mostly with my husband. He "passed" in August, 2003, I moved to SC Jan 1, 2004, purchased a home in 2010, and made SC "home". I have too many interests to count, husband was into Ham Radio since he was 10 years old til his last breath.

Here's a quick link to where to post your new thread with your intro info: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/44

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us! Please make yourself at home!

Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us
yippiechickie.gif

Best wishes
CT

Hello
My name is Virginia; I am 73 years of age and still "going" strong. I have many hobbies and interests, but now I want to make my Pheasant gifts and offer them for sale on Etsy.com -- store name is -- Feathers 'N Faith.

I have purchased feathers of the Ring Neck, and added the beautiful black feather with white "dots" on the tips. I'd have to look up the name of that one. I want to expland my inventory to include other beautiful feathers of various colors: blues, red, golds, and more. Am always trying to buy them wholesale for my business and directly from pheasant farms.
It is quite possible that the black feather with white dots could be from guinea fowl. Try contacting the Guinea Farm which is the largest guinea farm and the biggest supplier of guinea fowl.

It is quite possible that the black feather with white dots could be from guinea fowl. Try contacting the Guinea Farm which is the largest guinea farm and the biggest supplier of guinea fowl.
I second that, guinea fowl have those exact feathers (I used to make eccentric hair clips and hats). I'm also a fan of long stripey rooster feathers (they looks especially great with glitter and gold or died).

Welcome to BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.
This video should help you find your way around the site better as a member, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom