Interesting return policy....

CollegeChicken

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 3, 2014
Thanks to the knowledge of those here who are extremely adept at breed identification Ive confirmed I have two mottled japanese bantams..that were sold to me as 'splash silkies'...I had them for a period of less than 17 hours but the store would not take them back. Even though the salegirl didnt even know what she actually had in stock and pretty much just 'yessed' me to death. I only wanted to return them and get two more silkies to replace them. Even though the chicks hadnt been exposed to other birds they would not take them back. It wasnt until I got home and really sat and observed them I started to realize they were DEFINITELY not silkies....does anyone have any experience with mottled Japanese bantams? I have chickens mainly as pets so egg laying is not extremely important to me, are they worth holding on to? (if I gave them away I would be sure they got the best home )

They're very pretty birds.
Unfortunately, they look nothing like Silkies (if it's Silkies you're looking for).
I would keep them just because they're pretty.
And buy Silkies from a breeder since the stores rarely know what they're selling. LOL

I have a trio of white Japanese, for now they live with my Silkies. They're friendly little birds and they're good foragers. My pullets haven't started laying yet, so I'm not sure about how well they lay. I'd love to have some mottled ones!

Back
Top Bottom