Interior Paneling

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jenkassai, Sep 24, 2011.

1. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Hi all!

Anyone see a problem with using paneling (like you would use inside your house) on the walls inside the chicken coop, rather than plywood?

Thx!

2. super rooster

super rooster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2011
    I dont think it would be a problem at all.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Nope - sounds good to me. Lowes sells a cool masonite type of paneling that I really like - it's white and slick and shiny - very easy to wipe down...about $11 a sheet.

4. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    The Melamine coated tile board at big box stores works great.
    In fact I am using some to build a small portable coop right now.

5. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I used it on mine. The 4 inch beaded looking stuff. Two coats of primer and a good coat of white paint, working very well. And I'm so glad I painted it white. Any other color and it would have looked like a morgue in there.

6. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    I used plywood, but then covered the interior walls with sheets of corrugated plastic. It was to help insulate and they are washable now! We needed something light because we move our coop!

7. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Cheap paper covered paneling might start peeling. We have that in our garage and our dryer vents into it, and it is peeling all over the place. Luckily I don't care what the garage looks like. Real wood or veneer type paneling would probably be ok. We are using our scraps of smart siding, which is like outdoor paneling, on the inside walls of our coop.

8. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, I used 1/4" masonite. Very smoothe so easy to scrap if necessary. Didn't paint it, just left it natural brown color. Pretty cheap at about $8.00 a sheet. No complaints so far.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by