Interior wall covering

NeChick16

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2016
Central Nebraska
Soooo I recently got a trailer load of Pegboard from an old retailer in town, I was thinking of using it to cover the inside of my chicken coop walls/ceiling. I was originally wanting to simply whitewash the walls and not have anything covering the inside, however my hens like to stand on the area where I have the flooring dished up on the walls, knocking it down and pooping all over it...and there are nails from the shingles that I have had to screen off from them. I was thinking the pegboard will at least offer some air movement compared to the bathroom wall board i was considering, plus this is free
yesss.gif
What are anyone's thoughts on this...I couldn't think of any dangers with it, but I may be blinded by the free factor
idunno.gif

Here is a Pic of my converted shed * some of my helpers for a reference
big_smile.png

frow.gif
I don't think there would be a danger in using the pegboard, but would question it would give those uglies ( bugs, mites) a place to hide if close to the roosts?

If you don't need wall insulation in your climate - why not just paint the side walls interiors and add a peg board ceiling?

Save the rest for another project - or add to non-roost areas? Would be wonderful in the "foyer" of your coop to add storage possibilities.

Luv your coop thus far, looking good
thumbsup.gif

frow.gif
I don't think there would be a danger in using the pegboard, but would question it would give those uglies ( bugs, mites) a place to hide if close to the roosts?

If you don't need wall insulation in your climate - why not just paint the side walls interiors and add a peg board ceiling?

Save the rest for another project - or add to non-roost areas? Would be wonderful in the "foyer" of your coop to add storage possibilities.

Luv your coop thus far, looking good
thumbsup.gif

I would love to just paint the inside however my pain-in-the-butt birds like to roost on the flooring I have stapled up on the walls (to easily clean out my deep pine shavings) and poop both on the wall and behind the flooring, so I will have to put something there. there is actually some open venting on the bottom of the wall behind the flooring so I think the bugs will be in the walls regardless of whats on the inside, this way at least I was hoping for some air flow.

Just make sure the pegboard doesn't get wet or else it will fall apart
I'm actually staring out the window at work and it is getting pretty cloudy... and guess who didn't unload the trailer full of pegboard last night
he.gif

At least if it makes it through this rain it shouldn't get wet once it is in the coop, it will be at least 6 inches off the ground on top of a ledger board that will be holding the flooring on the walls

Well if you had a trailer load of them, maybe the ones on the bottom stayed dry. I think it'll work fine. If it does attract bugs, that's just extra protein for the girls!

Back
Top Bottom