Internal lice?

Oh, I see know. Yes, poor girl, that must have been hard to deal with.

Chickens do have a nictitating eyelid, but bugs can still invade the eyes.

@TinyRaptorDodos I would just go ahead and dust all the rest of your flock with the Permethrin. Remember to treat their housing too. Repeat treatment in 5-7 day intervals. Once bugs get started, they can increase rapidly and get out of control.

Oh, I see know. Yes, poor girl, that must have been hard to deal with.

Chickens do have a nictitating eyelid, but bugs can still invade the eyes.

@TinyRaptorDodos I would just go ahead and dust all the rest of your flock with the Permethrin. Remember to treat their housing too. Repeat treatment in 5-7 day intervals. Once bugs get started, they can increase rapidly and get out of control.
I dusted them about three days ago, going to use silver spray for their coop and barn

Future reference. Eyes are Eyes being either human or avian. My husband who is a retired eye doctor has told me that when in the eye, you want to smother the lice. You can use either as mentioned, antibiotic ointment or Vaseline. Treat one eye at a time so the bird can see to eat. Clean the treated eye well before you treat the other eye. You may have to retreat if the lice jump between eyes.

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with Marek's disease. :hugs You aren't alone. You may want to read my article about my experiences dealing with the disease when I discovered I had it in my flock. I hope it helps you out a bit.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-i-learned-to-deal-with-mareks-disease.76944/

I treated Carol of lice BUT they’re hiding in her eyes whenever I try to get them… is there anything I can put in her eyes to kill them without hurting her? I don’t know if she will survive but I want to try. I keep finding her on her back because of her paralyzed leg, she also seems to occasionally have respiratory issues.

The only chicken remedies I have right now is VetRX, probiotic supplement and homeopathic remedies

Update: she was just put down, but if anyone has issues with lice in eyes or just lice people had good ideas.
View attachment 3334583
This one was just too far gone
after trying several ways to get rid of mites, etc - I have found that Ivermectin works the BEST - if it is good enough for human use -it works very well

Back
Top Bottom