Internal Pips!

Quote:
They're actually due to hatch tomorrow night to Thanksgiving Day morning. I can tell they've internally pipped because I can see their beaks in the air cell.

So you're taking the "lockdown" rules a little less literally than I am?

I've been sitting on my hands, trying not to candle my eggs, and you're making it very difficult!!

I'm sorry Sphinx! Actually, I did a very quick candle last night while I was adding water to the bator (couldn't resist
hide.gif
) On the other hand, as of right now, six out of seven eggs have externally pipped and the first one that pipped is starting to zip. There's a lot more peeping this morning! My daughter and I are staring at the bator cheering them on!
yippiechickie.gif

Wow, that's great!!

Mine are sitting here, doing nothing. Thery're not due til tomorrow though.

I hope you post pictures.

My two eggs were due yesterday and I see no signs of life in the bator at this juncture. No pips, no chirps, nothing:/ Humidity is 65-70 and temp is ranging from 99.4 -100.1. Can I candle them at this point or do I just wait it out?? I have 22 more going into lockdown this evening, I candled them and they all look good, but so did the 2 that went into lock down on Saturday. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. They are Silkies...and Lavender:fl

Quote:
Oooh. Not sure how to answer you, there. This is my first time hatching. You need some expert advice. Hopefully, they will soon surprise you and hatch! Are they your own eggs or did you get them from someone? I might have to "help" a few of mine because I noticed, when I cooked our eggs, that the inner membrane is very strong. I've had a hard time opening my eggs to cook them.

Well, out of 22 eggs 17 hatched. Not bad for my first hatch in my new Brinsea incubator:) Setting 32 more tonight, mostly Lav, Lav/Buff and Lav/Part. This will be a true test as the Lavenders are not easy to hatch. Wish me luck:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom