intimidated

You will go through phases....

When you first get them you will read all the posts and be obsessed with which lining to use in the brooder Pine/cedar??? (PIne!) and how to feed and drink and what poop is normal.

Then you will start reading every post on "my bird sneezed" and be freaked out when they stretch their neck and gasp (normal most of the time).

Then you will start reading every post on "which sex is my bird" and start freaking out that you have a roo. And become an expert on combs, waddles, wing bow feathers, saddle and hackle feathers and tail lengths.

Then when you figure out you have a hen..you will start reading every post on "wheres my eggs????" or if you have a roo "When's he gunna crow???"

Then when you finally, finally, finally, make it to adulthood you start reading all the incubator, breeder, genetics, hatching posts and you go crazy and order 3 incubators and 130 eggs cuz all of a sudden you're a pro!!!

You'll do great at every phase and learn alot along the way. You didn't know everything the day you had your first child did you?? And they lived to tell about it right???? Same thing here... the knowledge will come when you need it. Relax and enjoy them, don't waste their precious chickie hood on worrying.

And what you really need to keep in mind is that most people don't post saying "oh, my chickeis are doing fine and I never have any problems with predators or anything else." When you have a problem, you post, so the information you see here is skewed toward the worst case scenario. That said, the people here are so incredibly helpful and you will learn a lot just by reading the posts (maybe more than you want to know
tongue.png
). Just jump in, get some chickies and know that, most likely, there won't be any problems. Good Luck!
Liz

Back
Top Bottom