Intro and a Confession

JulesFlock

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 2, 2015
Hi everyone! I am a closet lurker for almost a year but I am now free!
wee.gif
Hard to say why I never joined, only a few people and my husband know that I'm starting with chickens and all think I'm equally nuts. By telling someone at work I heard about another coworker who has them so now I have 1 who understands. My husband appreciates why I want to do it but is secretly afraid this is my gateway to a small farm. He might be right, hard to say.

I wanted to start with chicks last year but my husband asked me to wait til this spring. He's the type who needs time to think things through and I think he underestimated how researched I was and/or he thought I'd lose interest in the year. Ha! While I have been patiently waiting I've been researching on this site and I've made changes to the coop plans by learning from everyone here. Just when I think I'm done I stumble upon home made incubators SOOOOO...I've got 12 fertile eggs ordered from a local farm that has beautiful chickens for mid February and chicks ordered from another local farm for early March. Needless to say I'm in deep and so glad I waited the year. Lol!

The chicken math is already in full swing before I have even 1 chick in the brooder. What started out as 4 chickens in a small coop has turned into hatching my own and I fully anticipate having no less than 8 chickens in a walled off section of our large shed!!!

My husband and I thank you all for your help this past year!!

Hello and welcome to the flock!

I lurked for MONTHS before joining. Just shy I guess, but then I got my chickens and had to share the love I had for them with other chicken people! lol

Chickens are totally a gateway animal! lol The gateway to more chickens! ;)

What breed(s) do you have/want? Cant wait to hear about your chicken keeping adventures!

welcome-byc.gif
And congratulations on your decision. I wanted my flock for nearly 3 years before I got my 6 girls. Got them at 3 days old, and now they are nearly 2 year old hens. And each day is as much fun as the first. I truly wonder how anyone could not want chickens.

Good luck with your endeavor. Would love to see pics when you get your chicks.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!!

You do sound egg-cited!! Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining, and very few BYC members are immune to chicken math. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom