intro and question

Brickman

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 6, 2013
hello all, i am in SW Michigan and have 7 chickens for the first time, 2 are laying so far :)

our Leghorn laid a weird egg and i ask if i need to be concerned at all, or is it normal?

I would sometimes get an egg that looked like it had a seam around it like it was put together in 2 parts like a plastic Easter egg.

If you get dimpled, misshapen eggs regularly there could be an oviduct problem and could be from infectious bronchitis which is pretty common.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Greetings from Kansas, brickman, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Sometimes my birds lay an odd egg like the one in your picture. Seems like young birds like yours that are just getting into the hang of laying lay one of these once in awhile. I wouldn't be overly concerned if it was me. Good luck to you!

:welcome and good luck with your poultry adventure!
Greetings from Kansas, brickman, and :welcome !  Pleased you joined us!  Sometimes my birds lay an odd egg like the one in your picture.  Seems like young birds like yours that are just getting into the hang of laying lay one of these once in awhile.  I wouldn't be overly concerned if it was me.  Good luck to you!

Agreed :), just a fluke hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom