Intro from Michigan

Thunderlilies

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 27, 2014
Thought I'd make my intro finally
smile.png

I'm Stephanie, mother of 5, homeschooler and homesteader on 6 acres. I started raising chickens 3 years ago when I got fed up with our huge population of bugs that were causing problems with our gardens. Since then I've raised Orpingtons, Cream Legbars, and now Australorp, Light brahma and Barred rocks.

There's so much to say, but for the sake of brevity, I'll leave it at that.

Love this forum and all the wonderful information and advice
thumbsup.gif

Welcome Stephanie, you might consider adding guineas, they are known as voracious tick eaters , and other bugs, also a great alarm system if anything appears threatening,

giving guineas and chickens a heads up to run and hide.

Welcome to BYC, Stephanie. Glad you decided join to our flock. My wife and I home-schooled our children as well, and now our daughter is following in our footsteps with our granddaughter (pictured in my avatar). Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our granddaughter loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you've raised some nice breeds! Buff orpingtons are my favorite breed.

Glad you joined us, Stephanie!

Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

Sounds like you have a nice flock! Good luck with them.

Welcome to the best resource for all things chicken!
woot.gif

I find I can literally spend hours on this site hopping around and reading how to do better for the girls.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom