Intro

Kat157

Chirping
Jul 12, 2019
Hello, my name is Cassiopeia. I currently have 8 chickens plus one that just appeared in my coop last week.
I have an Old English Game Bantam rooster, and my hens are an Austra White, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, Salmon Faverolle, Jersey Giant, Cinnamon Queen, and an Easter Egger, plus a Black Laced Silver Wyandotte that appeared in my coop randomly. I still don't know where she came from but she has a bare back from being over mated.

I'm fairly new to chickens. I've had my flock for about a year now. I bought a home with a coop all ready to go. About a month after I moved in a rooster appeared out of nowhere in my front yard one day at sunset. He followed me all the way into my back yard and into my coop and then proceeded to flutter up onto my shoulder and snuggle against my neck. That's how I got my rooster. About a week later I got him 7 chicks. They've been a happy family ever since! I'm excited to learn all I can about taking care of these cuties. :)

Welcome to BYC! Do you have any pictures of them? We love pictures!

I do have pictures! They're too cute to not take pictures of.
20180821_162526.jpg
20180808_063607.jpg
20180710_202812.jpg
20180710_114249.jpg
20190611_082711.jpg

Hello, Cassiopeia, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I love the "chicken adopted me" stories!
I'm sure it was some inconsiderate person that dumped a strange chicken into your coop. You are very lucky all she had was feather damage instead of Marek's, MG, mites, lice, etc. to bring into your coop.

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<

BYC has an APP!

Thank you! I've actually googled a bunch of things over the past year and finally decided to join. My most recent question is in regards to the hen that magically appeared in my coop. I quarantined her and I've been keeping an eye on her, although she's already been exposed to my flock. Ugh. She makes a gurgling cooing sound when I feed her and I'm trying to figure out if that's cause for concern. It sounds like she might be coughing from time to time, but it seems like it happens when she's excited, so I don't know if that's normal. My chickens were exposed a week ago and they all seem perfectly normal. I planned on posting a question about this and seeing what you all thought about it. That's ultimately what led me to sign up.

20190704_101607.jpg
Hello, Cassiopeia, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I love the "chicken adopted me" stories!
I'm sure it was some inconsiderate person that dumped a strange chicken into your coop. You are very lucky all she had was feather damage instead of Marek's, MG, mites, lice, etc. to bring into your coop.

So far she seems fairly healthy from what I can tell, but I know chickens can hide their illnesses pretty well too. But her egg quality has certainly changed over the past week.
20190704_101607.jpg
20190711_100111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom