intro

you to!! excited that i now have a place i can get help with my babes lol. it’s been an exhausting weekend and monday with them hatching. lots of worry been a little bit eased by a lot of things i’ve found on here
Our first year of broody momma's and hatching. Busy here too. But so fun! We had 1 broody hen (Claire) who started after we lost our rooster. She even stole eggs. We felt sorry for her so made her a pen and gave her a few of Pearl's eggs (due today) and a few duck eggs that our duck stopped sitting on. The 2 day old one's are too busy I guess. Anyway, came home to a happy surprise. 2 chicks and a duckling! Oh happy day!
20200602_174601.jpg

Hello, and WElcome to BackYard Chickens!

Could you post a picture/video of your duckling's leg?

it has luckily straightened out and is in use a bit wobbly but no more then the others when they came out. was thinking it might have been bc he was so small? but very happy to say he’s a super strong guy and it worked itself out. 😊

Our first year of broody momma's and hatching. Busy here too. But so fun! We had 1 broody hen (Claire) who started after we lost our rooster. She even stole eggs. We felt sorry for her so made her a pen and gave her a few of Pearl's eggs (due today) and a few duck eggs that our duck stopped sitting on. The 2 day old one's are too busy I guess. Anyway, came home to a happy surprise. 2 chicks and a duckling! Oh happy day! View attachment 2173661
is their a way that you can encourage them to be a broody? i was maybe wanting to try to get one of my ducklings to be one when she was bigger and see if we have a better out come that way then with the incubator. i am also going to be getting a better one then the little green giant one i have now. i’m not to big a fan of the styrofoam bottoms, seems to absorb some of the egg stuff that comes out when babies are born and you can really scrub it clean lol.

is their a way that you can encourage them to be a broody? i was maybe wanting to try to get one of my ducklings to be one when she was bigger and see if we have a better out come that way then with the incubator. i am also going to be getting a better one then the little green giant one i have now. i’m not to big a fan of the styrofoam bottoms, seems to absorb some of the egg stuff that comes out when babies are born and you can really scrub it clean lol.
You can't really encourage broodiness. It's a hormonal drive.

Back
Top Bottom