Intro

emma right

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2020
Hello, We don't have chickens but we do have ducks. So when I see that there were others who have ducks in the forum I thought it would be great to connect with other duck-minded people like ourselves. This is our 3rd brood. Five years ago when my daughter was 11 she wanted to raise some white-crested ducks so we got them from Metzer Farm when they were a day old. That was quite an experience. When they got to be about 5 months old we gave them away to friends who have a bigger yard than ourselves.
Then when Covid quarantine started we decided to raise a few Mallards. We let them go in the lagoon by our home--or rather they flew off when they were about 3 months old. Then 6 weeks ago we got our third/present batch--Khaki Campbells. We got 5 --one male and 4 females. Sadly one of the females died. Then our male duckling hurt his leg--we found his leg splayed one morning. This is why when I found this group I thought I could pick some of your brains and find out what to do for the fella. His name is Jumper--except he now can't jump! And that's the short version of our duck adventures.

I'm a chicken guy, but my lake has wild ducks, and I feed them. (But they are not pets)
-BYC-sign-flash.gif
and ducks!

Back
Top Bottom