Intro.

palindrome_7

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2022
Hi from Southeast Texas!

Our chicken ride has been a wild one. I got on here because our silkies suddenly died this week. I'm heartbroken. We HAD 2 silkies and 2 reds, but now we are down to 2 reds. And of those two, one is suffering from a serious yeast infection AND brumblefoot. I could really use the encouragement and advice this group has to offer! Thank you so much.

Hannah

Last edited:
Hi from Southeast Texas!

Our chicken ride and been a wild one. I got on here because our silkies suddenly died this week. I'm heartbroken. We HAD 2 silkies and 2 reds, but now we are down to 2 reds. And of those two, one is suffering from a serious yeast infection AND brumblefoot. I could really use the encouragement and advice this group has to offer! Thank you so much.

Hannah
Welcome!! I would post a thread in the ER forum to recieve help for the yeast intection and bumblefoot. Good luck!! You can do this! ❤️

Hi Hannah and welcome to BYC! I'm so glad they decided to join our friendly and helpful community. Sorry you're dealing with so many issues and I'm sorry you lost your silkies. It's always hard to lose them, isn't it?
We have a lot of great resources on this site. You can use the search function and it will bring up page after page of results. :hugs

Welcome. I am so sorry for your losses.
Yeast is hard to get rid of, but start by cutting out high carb treats, such as scratch. You can treat them with a femine yeast cream 2x a day for 7 days.
I do not do surgery on bumbleffot. I soak the foot in warm water 2x a day for about 5 minutes. Dry carefully and release. After soaking for a few days, peal off the scab, apply antibiotic cream (no pain reliever type) and wrap with vet wrap. Do this 1 or 2x a day until healed.
Good luck, and hang in there. It will get better.

Back
Top Bottom