Intro

Lady Mays Back Porch

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have been aware of backyard chickens for about 2 1/2 years, and it has taken me this long to finally create an account. So here I am city girl turn to country, bumpkin and loving it. I live in a very small large property community neighborhood when I moved out here a little over two years ago. My husband, boyfriend then, had one dog and an acre of land that wasn’t being utilized. His dog, Rosie and I connected right away and she is no longer his dog lol we started getting chickens in February 20 20. But contrary to many countryfolk beliefs, we did prepared and we’re ready with everything we needed before we went and purchased our birds. My husband is country boy hunting fishing anything outdoors outdoorsman lol. So he already had previously had chickens, and knew the basics. But my husband wasn’t expecting me to jump on the chicken bandwagon apparently, which I just learned this tidbit of information. Yeah, he thought it would be fun and I would be over it well he thought wrong here we are 2 1/half years later, we have now naturally hatched our own chicks. It was an oops I wasn’t paying attention like I should’ve been and by the time I found the eggs they had already progressed so much that we figured what the heck let’s just see where it goes. Those are some of the most beautiful chickens that I have ever seen the colors are absolutely gorgeous. Since that first batch of chicks, we have gained and lost a few but are now sitting at 3 ducks, two Boer Goats, 18 chickens of a large variety a dog and OMG love my life.
I like to call my little backyard farm the funny farm, because it is endless free entertainment for not only myself, but my neighbors, who watch me make a fool of myself, whether it be killing a rattlesnake in my garage, or slipping in mud falling flat on my rumpus, trying to outsmart my goat taco he is too smart for his own good and loves to play games with mom. And “that’s when I lost it” haha Yep, neighbors across the street. Saw the whole event unfold in front of them met all over myself. I eventually just went and got my husband when I could remove myself from the ground and had him deal with taco. 🤪Our little farm started because of my husbands grand idea that turned into a couples therapy/relationship builder. Is made up of misfits, rejects, curiosity of breeds, and has been my life saving grace right next to my husband. They are my therapy Animals my peace of mind, heaven on earth, happy place. I’ve been looking on backyard chickens for the last 2 1/2 years at posts and using it as a source of information in regards to anything and everything that I was dealing with at the time as far as issues go and I just decided that I need to have a place that is consistent. That is a bit of a community that I can talk to others who understand or who are going or have gone through similar issues as I in regards to health and care and maintenance housing feed everything and anything. Because nobody in my life has chickens or goats or lives in the country. They are all cityfolk and I’m at my wits end I know that I will gain a lot of knowledge by collaborating and discussing topics with others on here that I have a lot of knowledge to share as well , and I can’t wait to see him how things go. I will put a list of my breeds below since my novel of an introduction is very lengthy as it is. 😬 thanks for allowing me to be a part of the backyard chickens fam!

OG gen x Feb 2020 (the first batch babies)
2 Mille d’fluer bantams: Sproutacus (roo) and Little nugget (hen)
2 buff Orpington hens: the golden girls
1 Black Australorp: BBC aka BIGGY is a roo.
1 red sexlink hen Reba
Gen y Second batch November 2021-
2 frizzle hens: Mrs. Frizzle is all red and Angel is pure heavenly white
3 blue crested polish (the Einsteins)
1 blue Cochin hen (Little Marin)
1olive egger hen (Olive)
2 questionable looking silkies both turned out Roos. Stevo black and Auzzy aka mullet man buff we also call them the banger brothers. They have their own establishment due to their lack of self control but are the sweetest babies and mamas boys
Millennials the oops generation
4 hatched 3 hens 1 roo
Roo was given to my neighbor so he got the boot real quick fast in a hurry once he reached mating maturity. 4 Roos was already a handful didn’t need another. He was the most beautiful yellow black and red roo I have ever seen. But he was going to be bigger than his daddy and was already that size at four months.
All four were products of Biggy who is black Australorp 1 hen for sure is litltle Marin’s (blue Cochin) looks exactly like her mama the other two are what I believe to be olives babies they have the distinct speckles on them. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and the patterns like our ups batch ended up being the most beautiful chickens I’ve ever seen. Ok I think that is enough for now!

Lady Mays Back Porch

Hello everyone,
I have been aware of backyard chickens for about 2 1/2 years, and it has taken me this long to finally create an account. So here I am city girl turn to country, bumpkin and loving it. I live in a very small large property community neighborhood when I moved out here a little over two years ago. My husband, boyfriend then, had one dog and an acre of land that wasn’t being utilized. His dog, Rosie and I connected right away and she is no longer his dog lol we started getting chickens in February 20 20. But contrary to many countryfolk beliefs, we did prepared and we’re ready with everything we needed before we went and purchased our birds. My husband is country boy hunting fishing anything outdoors outdoorsman lol. So he already had previously had chickens, and knew the basics. But my husband wasn’t expecting me to jump on the chicken bandwagon apparently, which I just learned this tidbit of information. Yeah, he thought it would be fun and I would be over it well he thought wrong here we are 2 1/half years later, we have now naturally hatched our own chicks. It was an oops I wasn’t paying attention like I should’ve been and by the time I found the eggs they had already progressed so much that we figured what the heck let’s just see where it goes. Those are some of the most beautiful chickens that I have ever seen the colors are absolutely gorgeous. Since that first batch of chicks, we have gained and lost a few but are now sitting at 3 ducks, two Boer Goats, 18 chickens of a large variety a dog and OMG love my life.
I like to call my little backyard farm the funny farm, because it is endless free entertainment for not only myself, but my neighbors, who watch me make a fool of myself, whether it be killing a rattlesnake in my garage, or slipping in mud falling flat on my rumpus, trying to outsmart my goat taco he is too smart for his own good and loves to play games with mom. And “that’s when I lost it” haha Yep, neighbors across the street. Saw the whole event unfold in front of them met all over myself. I eventually just went and got my husband when I could remove myself from the ground and had him deal with taco. 🤪Our little farm started because of my husbands grand idea that turned into a couples therapy/relationship builder. Is made up of misfits, rejects, curiosity of breeds, and has been my life saving grace right next to my husband. They are my therapy Animals my peace of mind, heaven on earth, happy place. I’ve been looking on backyard chickens for the last 2 1/2 years at posts and using it as a source of information in regards to anything and everything that I was dealing with at the time as far as issues go and I just decided that I need to have a place that is consistent. That is a bit of a community that I can talk to others who understand or who are going or have gone through similar issues as I in regards to health and care and maintenance housing feed everything and anything. Because nobody in my life has chickens or goats or lives in the country. They are all cityfolk and I’m at my wits end I know that I will gain a lot of knowledge by collaborating and discussing topics with others on here that I have a lot of knowledge to share as well , and I can’t wait to see him how things go. I will put a list of my breeds below since my novel of an introduction is very lengthy as it is. 😬 thanks for allowing me to be a part of the backyard chickens fam!

OG gen x Feb 2020 (the first batch babies)
2 Mille d’fluer bantams: Sproutacus (roo) and Little nugget (hen)
2 buff Orpington hens: the golden girls
1 Black Australorp: BBC aka BIGGY is a roo.
1 red sexlink hen Reba
Gen y Second batch November 2021-
2 frizzle hens: Mrs. Frizzle is all red and Angel is pure heavenly white
3 blue crested polish (the Einsteins)
1 blue Cochin hen (Little Marin)
1olive egger hen (Olive)
2 questionable looking silkies both turned out Roos. Stevo black and Auzzy aka mullet man buff we also call them the banger brothers. They have their own establishment due to their lack of self control but are the sweetest babies and mamas boys
Millennials the oops generation
4 hatched 3 hens 1 roo
Roo was given to my neighbor so he got the boot real quick fast in a hurry once he reached mating maturity. 4 Roos was already a handful didn’t need another. He was the most beautiful yellow black and red roo I have ever seen. But he was going to be bigger than his daddy and was already that size at four months.
All four were products of Biggy who is black Australorp 1 hen for sure is litltle Marin’s (blue Cochin) looks exactly like her mama the other two are what I believe to be olives babies they have the distinct speckles on them. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and the patterns like our ups batch ended up being the most beautiful chickens I’ve ever seen. Ok I think that is enough for now!

Lady Mays Back Porch
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom