Introduceing new birds

Great to hear most of the time it won't be that bad just make sure you have an eye on them from time to time for the first 3-4 days he should be completely fine though

Hi I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have 5 girls in a coop with run, they are also let out to free range a wider area put the pen is to help against foxes. We have recently extended the run and put another coop I the second new section keeping a divide up for now. In there I have 3 pullets and 2 polish cockerals. So far so good. They've all been looking at each other regularly and today about 1 hour before dusk I let them all out to roam freely out of the run and spend time with access to each other.
What an awful experience. My two cockerals who are fine with there 3 pullets attacked or gang mated one of my older girls. 18 months. She kept fighting them off but was getting weaker and weaker. I left them till I saw blood from her comb. I then broke it up which was a job in itself. Salty is a lovely hen and I hate what my boys have don't to her. They seem so placid for cockerals usually. I expected some restructuring but not this. Please help. I have found a home for one cockeral hoping this might be better but I'm worried I have evil cockerals.
Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom