Introducing 10wk olds to Flock

MD

Chirping
Mar 21, 2011
San Mateo, CA
I have two 10 wk olds who really need to get out of the garage. They have learned to escape everything I have used to block them into the brooder and they need more space. I have five 17 wk old pullets who I would love to stick them with, but am unsure if the results will be ugly. The two groups have been free ranging together, not as one cohesive group but in the same yard and they seem to ignore each other unless one of the little girls tries to take something a big girl wants. Then its a chase. I started bringing them out so they could see each other from day 3, so they are very familiar. The lowest temperature it is going to be this week is 50 so I thought the little girls would be all right. Advice?
Thanks!
Madeline

I have two 10 wk olds who really need to get out of the garage. They have learned to escape everything I have used to block them into the brooder and they need more space. I have five 17 wk old pullets who I would love to stick them with, but am unsure if the results will be ugly. The two groups have been free ranging together, not as one cohesive group but in the same yard and they seem to ignore each other unless one of the little girls tries to take something a big girl wants. Then its a chase. I started bringing them out so they could see each other from day 3, so they are very familiar. The lowest temperature it is going to be this week is 50 so I thought the little girls would be all right. Advice?
Thanks!
Madeline

You can try it out, just make sure you are at the coop before dawn in case it doesn't go well, but it sounds like they will be pretty much ok since they have been free ranging together. Just may have a few sqwuables about roosting spots, which is normal.

Back
Top Bottom