Introducing 3 EE into a flock of 6 (all hens)

Would really love to see photos of your set up
Yeah, same here. Don't think either of out requests were even acknowledged.
Makes it hard to help.
How big is "good size" in feet by feet?
How close is "relatively"?
Dimensions and pics would help immensely here.
Do you free range at all?

Yeah, same here. Don't think either of out requests were even acknowledged.
Makes it hard to help.
My apologies, I guess because I know size isn't the problem. Its not the set up that is the issue. Probably why I didnt do it. I can go out there and get a pic or two.

As soon as the EE start laying their self esteem will rise and you could start to integrate putting only one BR in the EE coop.

Yeah so- the 2 BR, 3 BO, 1 JG are in the new "big" coop. The 3 EE are in the smaller "nurses" coop. When I had tried to integrate them together, I put the 3 EE into the bigger coop with the other 6. I then removed the the 2 BR because they were both being bullies. When I placed them back into the coop, everyone started picking on the EE again, and in a major way. Like trapping them in a nesting box, standing on top of them and just pecking at them. Different birds were doing that.

And without the two BR everything was fine?

If that was the case just leave the two bullying BR in the "nurses" coop for at least 2-3 weeks to give the EE a chance to adjust and find their place in the pecking order.

Yes, I think for the most part things were okay. Everyone was sleeping on the perches at night, the EE were walking around and they generally left each other alone. Then I put the 2 BR back in, and everyone went nuts.

Back
Top Bottom