Introducing a single duck to a flock

They are all very pretty, nice flock. At 4 weeks I'd dif keep your duckling in close proximity to everyone but not with them he is too young yet and the others could really work him over if they wanted too. At least he should be adult size before actually being with them unsupervised. and have a way of escape if someone started to harass him. I am very leery of putting young ones in with chickens especially after reading some of the horror stories on here of how chickens actually peaked young duckling your ducklings age to death or seriously injured them.

Thanks!! I try to keep them happy & healthy
1f600.png

I'm with you on that one; plus Hylines can be nasty chooks when they feel like it. He's much bigger now than in the photos, he's too much to handle and photograph at the same time
1f609.png
he's about the size of my bantam OEGH.

The pecking thing was my main concern, I've got a cage I can pop him into so he can spend time out there without them being able to access him. I'm hoping he'll just keep growing exponentially each day so he can go nuts out there!

Thanks!! I try to keep them happy & healthy
1f600.png

I'm with you on that one; plus Hylines can be nasty chooks when they feel like it. He's much bigger now than in the photos, he's too much to handle and photograph at the same time
1f609.png
he's about the size of my bantam OEGH.

The pecking thing was my main concern, I've got a cage I can pop him into so he can spend time out there without them being able to access him. I'm hoping he'll just keep growing exponentially each day so he can go nuts out there!
He'll be full size before you know it. Keep us updated on how it is all going. How are your Hylines with your adult ducks?

Back
Top Bottom