Introducing baby chicks to the flock

Salguero

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 9, 2016
I have 4 new baby chicks that were born 3 days ago. What's a good time to introduce and chicks to the flock and allow momma to join the flock once again? How do I go about moving them back in?

I have 4 new baby chicks that were born 3 days ago. What's a good time to introduce and chicks to the flock and allow momma to join the flock once again? How do I go about moving them back in?
Where did the broody set?
Was she going back and forth to the flock during her brooding?
Have the others seen her during her brooding?
If they did, let her decide when to take the chicks back to the flock.

Where did the broody set?
Was she going back and forth to the flock during her brooding?
Have the others seen her during her brooding?
If they did, let her decide when to take the chicks back to the flock.
They were on the other side of the house so the flock haven't see momma for about two weeks.

Was she able to come and go from where she was?
Yes, she would go eat and get water and run back. She isn't and hasn't been very social. Her and her sister both have baby chicks and I have them housed together in a separate area.

Yes, she would go eat and get water and run back. She isn't and hasn't been very social. Her and her sister both have baby chicks and I have them housed together in a separate area.
If she's been going back to the coop/run daily to eat and drink, the flock knows darn well that she's been sitting on eggs. If you somehow prevented her from taking the chicks back, don't. Let her take the chicks back to the coop and run when she's ready.

Back
Top Bottom