Introducing ducklings to mature ducks

lc123

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
I have two mallard ducklings that I'd like to move into the enclosure that my two mature pekins share. The ducklings are 9 weeks and yesterday I tried moving them in with the pekins. I expected there to be some adjustment issues, but both pekins were so aggressive that I removed the ducklings again. Any tips on how to introduce them more successfully next time? Or should I always keep them separated?

I have two mallard ducklings that I'd like to move into the enclosure that my two mature pekins share. The ducklings are 9 weeks and yesterday I tried moving them in with the pekins. I expected there to be some adjustment issues, but both pekins were so aggressive that I removed the ducklings again. Any tips on how to introduce them more successfully next time? Or should I always keep them separated?
You might try putting some fencing down the middle to keep the 2 sets separate but still give them a visual on each other then after a week try again, because of size difference it may not work but worth a try. can you let them all out together in your yard? another way to try to integrate after they have been side by side for a while, is to let them all out together and immediately offer some treats that way they have their minds on their tummy's instead of each other, then just watch and see how they act towards the Mallards. Hopefully with time they will able to live together as one flock. and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom