Introducing Janie and Marie!

helmstead

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Alfordsville, IN
Marybelle kidded this morning at 10:50. I was headed to the mailbox, having just checked her at 10:30...when I heard her yelling. I got there in time (in flip flops, haha) to catch #1 coming out breech. I didn't have to help at all...and #2 was RIGHT on #1's head!!! There was NO delay between the twins at all. I did have to break #2 out of it's sack and help Marybelle get it all together (she's never had twins). All is very well though! Happy, healthy and nursing. Obvious to anyone that they're also Oreo babies! HAHA He was a potent boy!!! You almost can't tell these 4 kids apart!

Janie is a broken black agouti, Marie is a broken black (our first ever non-agouti baby!).

mtwins021608.jpg

mtwins0216084.jpg

mtwins0216085.jpg

I have to quit looking at these posts of baby goats! I have wanted goats for years and thought that this year I could get some .... I'm going to get Nigerian Dwarfs.

Anyway, due to my hubby being out of work since last Sept. I don't think I can add two more mouths to our family this spring and I'm really, really, really disappointed about it.

They are so cute ... Momma looks very contended. Glad you were there to witness as that's a special event.

Awww they are so cute you just want to pick them up and snuggle them they look so soft. Awww...
Congratulations!
Oh Darn, NOW I want Goats!!!!!
roll.png

Once again Helmstead very cute babies...your killing me here LOL I wanted some of you babies sooo bad and now it's killing me. Maybe next year
sad.png
. Keep the baby pics. coming. How many more does are you expecting kids from?

LUCKY!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, they are so stinking cute...

I'd love a few goats eventually, after we buy more land. Why do you keep goats? For milk? I'm just curious and would like to hear more.

Amy

Back
Top Bottom