Introducing Janie and Marie!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Feb 16, 2008.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Marybelle kidded this morning at 10:50. I was headed to the mailbox, having just checked her at 10:30...when I heard her yelling. I got there in time (in flip flops, haha) to catch #1 coming out breech. I didn't have to help at all...and #2 was RIGHT on #1's head!!! There was NO delay between the twins at all. I did have to break #2 out of it's sack and help Marybelle get it all together (she's never had twins). All is very well though! Happy, healthy and nursing. Obvious to anyone that they're also Oreo babies! HAHA He was a potent boy!!! You almost can't tell these 4 kids apart!

Janie is a broken black agouti, Marie is a broken black (our first ever non-agouti baby!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Awww!!! Mom looks so proud! They are GORGEOUS!

3. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Soooo cute!

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I have to quit looking at these posts of baby goats! I have wanted goats for years and thought that this year I could get some .... I'm going to get Nigerian Dwarfs.

Anyway, due to my hubby being out of work since last Sept. I don't think I can add two more mouths to our family this spring and I'm really, really, really disappointed about it.

They are so cute ... Momma looks very contended. Glad you were there to witness as that's a special event.

5. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Congratulations on such adorable new twin girls! Marybelle looks as though she's smiling in that one pic - very cute! [​IMG]

6. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Awww they are so cute you just want to pick them up and snuggle them they look so soft. Awww...
    Congratulations!
    Oh Darn, NOW I want Goats!!!!![​IMG]

7. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    Once again Helmstead very cute babies...your killing me here LOL I wanted some of you babies sooo bad and now it's killing me. Maybe next year [​IMG] . Keep the baby pics. coming. How many more does are you expecting kids from?

LUCKY!!!!!!!

8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Get me a spoon!!!!!

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They are so cute! It seems like you have babies popping out all over the place. Keep the pics coming! [​IMG]

10. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Oh my gosh, they are so stinking cute...

I'd love a few goats eventually, after we buy more land. Why do you keep goats? For milk? I'm just curious and would like to hear more.

Amy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by