Introducing me

MommaBurnie

In the Brooder
May 25, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I actually have ducks, and I started with them 2 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have:
12 adults
2 teenagers
3 ducklings

(3) What breeds do you have?
Pekin- 7 + 3 babies- 3 male adults, 4 female adults
Cayuga-2 ( 1 adult, 1 teen)
Rouen- 1- adult female
Blue Swede/Cayuga mix- 2- 1 adult, and his teenage son
Muscovy/Cayuga ? Mix- 1 female

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love it all! They are my pets and only recently I’ve started to give the eggs away, and bought an incubator to attempt my hand at hatching.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Painting, gardening, working with youth at risk
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am mom to 3 adult young women; 18, 21 and 23.

medically retired police officer in Ontario, Canada

married for 25 years this year to my soul mate... he puts up with all my craziness about ducks!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I had a lame duck and used a video I found googling here.... and did the surgery, he is now doing great! No limping and back to his happy self.... he is my Chandler.

I joined to gain the knowledge of the many experienced duck families.

Hi and welcome
1 Definitely not new to chickens I have raised them on and off since I was a kid
2 we have started over this yr so we have 15 chickens 2ducks and 6turkeys then i have 150quail eggs in the incubater and 8chick eggs in incubater and 6geese and 6ducks on the way
3 Road Island, brahma bantam, Araucana bantam, Rouen ducks and white Holland turkey
4 I just love chickens and I love to see my kids with them their faces are priceless
5 I'm a huge DIY'r i make baskets, lotions, shampoo/conditioner, soap, candles, wine and dog/cat treats
6 I have 2boys 6&8 and a girl that is 10. 2 rescued beagles 4cats 1 is pregnant, fish, frogs and now 15 crayfish my daughter just caught. I have been married for almost 14yrs he is a great man he tolerates all my animal craziness and helps me build what I want too build no matter how elaborate I'm a sahm witch I love
7 I learned about BYC through my hatchery and joined so that I had someone to talk to about my chicken issues besides my 10yo my hubby is clueless and my boys are still learning

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I actually have ducks, and I started with them 2 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have:
12 adults
2 teenagers
3 ducklings

(3) What breeds do you have?
Pekin- 7 + 3 babies- 3 male adults, 4 female adults
Cayuga-2 ( 1 adult, 1 teen)
Rouen- 1- adult female
Blue Swede/Cayuga mix- 2- 1 adult, and his teenage son
Muscovy/Cayuga ? Mix- 1 female

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love it all! They are my pets and only recently I’ve started to give the eggs away, and bought an incubator to attempt my hand at hatching.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Painting, gardening, working with youth at risk
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am mom to 3 adult young women; 18, 21 and 23.

medically retired police officer in Ontario, Canada

married for 25 years this year to my soul mate... he puts up with all my craziness about ducks!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I had a lame duck and used a video I found googling here.... and did the surgery, he is now doing great! No limping and back to his happy self.... he is my Chandler.

I joined to gain the knowledge of the many experienced duck families.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom