Introducing My ducks!!

I just put the ducklings into a larger brooder out in the lounge room this morning. So cute. They love the extra room to run around.

46956_new_brooder.jpg

Every few moments one of them will break off from the main group and go for a lap of the box. They sure can move fast for such little legs.

But they are also growing very quickly too. I can already see how much some have grown in just a few short days. I wish they would stay little longer.

yeah ducks grow tooo fast i agree. i am still wondering when mine grew cuz i woke up one morning and they were big
sad.png

lol that's cute. quackers used to do laps around the pen in then jump into the water and duckie would just sit there. that's when they were able to move in the pen
lau.gif

such cute little babies friend!!!

oh ya i hope your mussie hatches on my bday, but my bday is tomorrow there sooo probably not huh? darn it. i told my mom that since my birthday is tomorrow is australia in honor of you i want to celebrate my birthday on friday and saturday. she said omg you find every excuse to celebrate your birthday don't you?? i said yessssss we even have a day off of school for my birthday!!!! (martin luther king day) haha

They're very pretty!

I got two Runners with my Sandhill Preservation Center order last summer, expecting not to keep them, but they ended up being a pair, and I fell in love with them both - especially the little white girl, Maizie. I'm going breed the two together this summer and hatch out a few of her eggs for my Aunt, who's head over heels for her too!

Maizie (along with a Dark Campbell friend) and Rubee (along with one of my Dutch Hookbills, Eve), who's not as long and lean and I'd like him to be, but how can you not fall in love with that color?!:

4277283670_43b3090635_m.jpg
4218040454_47fb99f8d5_m.jpg

Enjoy your little ones while they're still fuzzy and their poops are small!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well said !!!
Although with so many in the house I still have to change the paper and shavings in the brooder twice a day- mostly as they love making a mess in their water.
The little ones will be having their first swim today. I love seeing so many in the bath tub, doing laps and diving and running into each other.

Your ducks are gorgeous too. I just sold a young duck that was simialr colouring to your hookbill- we were discussing the colour- and now I have something else to compare it too. Thanks for posting you duck pics here too. I can never get enough of looking at other peoples ducks- despite having my own.

I missed them last night- their box wasnt beside my bed- But at least they are beside the computer - where I seem to spend too much time.

In just a week they have already doubled in size.

Back
Top Bottom