Introducing myself, plutond

plutond

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2020
North Dakota
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, I use to have chickens in prior to 2014 and stopped because my sons all grew up and my little girls were still to young to help. I am restarting because my little girls are now older and bored here at the farm and I miss fresh eggs.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
13- 4wk olds with 15 more coming in 2 weeks.

(3) What breeds do you have? I will have the following:
Hens: Exchequer, Golden Buff sex link, Lakeshore egger, Lt Brown leghorn, Ancona, Austra white, Buckeye, Cuckoo Maran, New Hampshire Red, Silver Laced Wynadotte, Blue Cuckoo Maran, Speckled Sussex, Orpington,
Roosters: Salmon Faverolle ,Orpington one more rooster that is all white so far but not sure what it is yet, my guess White Rock.
I just couldn't decide.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Eggs and their odd behaviors

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and sewing

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am an at home mother of 8 children (4b, 4g), we have 5 male cats, 2 female dogs and use to have sheep, horses and cow. My husband is a carpenter and we live in the great north in the country, zone 4.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Many questions I have googled were answered on BYC and I decided I wanted to have a community of guidance this go around.

Back
Top Bottom