Nov 9, 2019
Florida
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, recently our family bought a paint Silkie, a Lavender Orpington, and our two black Silkie/Ameraucana are our first chickens. We have had our Orp and paint for two months, and so far our Orp looks like a pullet, and I don't see streamers on our paint silkie, but our two black Silkie/Ameraucana we've had for a month.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We currently have four, but plan on getting perhaps another Orp.

(3) What breeds do you have? One Silkie, an Orp, and two Silkie-Ameraucana crosses (Breeder mixed her cross chicks with her pet quality Silkies).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Definitely watching the girls (and hopefully not boys) go about their business. Their little individual personalities are hilarious.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? In my spare time I can be found, reading, righting, drawing, painting, or caring for one of my many other pets.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Our family is one of five, My mother, stepfather, younger sister, and younger brother. We live in a suburban setting with a relatively large backyard for the area (which is quite nice for us). My mom and I are the huge chicken fanatics and often annoy other family members of our talk of chickens. For years we've dreamed of having chickens, but had always decided to push it for later until recently. As for pets we breed Leopard Geckos, African Fat Tails, and other geckos of the Eublepharis genus. We have a Rhino Iguana, a Senegal Parrot, Ragdoll cat, Malshi Dog, and Sulcata Tortoise. As for my occupation, I would prefer to keep that information undisclosed.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D During my many years of chicken research, I would always find myself coming at least once or twice to this website for information (and still do). Due to the immense number of members and answered questions I never felt the need to join, but after acquiring my girls I knew I had to join!

You have 4 Chickens now. 14 in 2020. Maybe 40 in 2021. WELCOME!

BYC-Welcome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom