Introducing myself

Welcome back to the world of chickens, Matieus27. Good luck with your coop construction!

Does your community limit the number of chickens you can have? I have gotten some of my birds from a 4-H'er who lives in a town that limits her to 3.

However, chicken math is what it is, and she and her mom sometimes have up to 30 birds in their fenced-in backyard and giant shed-coop. That includes chickens, ducks and a guinea. They get by, her mom said, because they have nice neighbors -- and give away a lot of eggs!

Welcome back to the world of chickens, Matieus27. Good luck with your coop construction!

Does your community limit the number of chickens you can have? I have gotten some of my birds from a 4-H'er who lives in a town that limits her to 3.

However, chicken math is what it is, and she and her mom sometimes have up to 30 birds in their fenced-in backyard and giant shed-coop. That includes chickens, ducks and a guinea. They get by, her mom said, because they have nice neighbors -- and give away a lot of eggs!
We can have as many hens as we want but we aren’t supposed to have roosters I am thinking about trying that no crow collar to see if that will quiet a rooster enough that I could keep one because I’ve always wanted to make my own breed of chicken and this could be where it all starts

Back
Top Bottom