Introducing myself

gigirosie

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2019
Have had chickens for a long time, but have zero right now. Am receiving a dumped rooster soon and need a new coop fast. Do NOT want to build from scratch. Would love to get one from the Australian company Backyard Chickens, but cannot order directly from them. Anyone know if you can get their products in the U.S.?

Have had chickens for a long time, but have zero right now. Am receiving a dumped rooster soon and need a new coop fast. Do NOT want to build from scratch. Would love to get one from the Australian company Backyard Chickens, but cannot order directly from them. Anyone know if you can get their products in the U.S.?
Tractor Supply Company & Rural KinG both sell prefab Poultry Houses & accessories.
1197717-9eae35fc4e24d8214e53bca37f47dd7a.png

Tractor Supply Company & Rural KinG both sell prefab Poultry Houses & accessories.
View attachment 1885914
Thanks. I have been checking out both of these suppliers but neither has what I'm looking for. Have been looking at all kinds of reviews and got excited about this Australian company's coops before realizing they apparently only ship within that country. I may revert to what I did for my first small coop. I bought a wooden doghouse, added a door and 4" diameter holes on either end covered in hardware cloth, and put it up on cinder blocks. It held up for a few years. I just retired (I was a zookeeper working with birds for 22 years) and I really don't feel like building something. Right now am waiting for a reply from the Australian company itself. Thanks for your suggestion. Maybe I'll end up getting a doghouse from Tractor Supply-there's one nearby. :hmm

Thanks. I have been checking out both of these suppliers but neither has what I'm looking for. Have been looking at all kinds of reviews and got excited about this Australian company's coops before realizing they apparently only ship within that country. I may revert to what I did for my first small coop. I bought a wooden doghouse, added a door and 4" diameter holes on either end covered in hardware cloth, and put it up on cinder blocks. It held up for a few years. I just retired (I was a zookeeper working with birds for 22 years) and I really don't feel like building something. Right now am waiting for a reply from the Australian company itself. Thanks for your suggestion. Maybe I'll end up getting a doghouse from Tractor Supply-there's one nearby. :hmm
What is your current location?

Back
Top Bottom