Introducing Myself

suebeerice

In the Brooder
May 7, 2015
Hi,

I am a new member here. I live in midcoast Maine and am an artist. I have 2 work horses, two cashmere goats, a black lab, 2 cats, 11 chickens (black sexlink and bard rocks) and a duck that is a khaki campbell/buff orphington cross.

I currently have 8 swedish blue eggs in my bator (4 have pipped!)

Besides painting, I also like to grow giant pumpkins... the largest I have grown was close to 700#!

Happy to be here and open to all kinds of good information and advice.

Sue Bee

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sounds like you are very busy there with all your animals and being an artist. I've not had black sex links before but I did have some red ones and they were great egg layers very rarely missing a day. I have just the 1 horse an ex racer called Harry who I've had for 12 years now.

Congratulations on your pipped eggs :celebrate I too love incubating and hatching and have 21 set at the moment in the incubator on day 12. They are polish and polish x Amber link. Hope you have a great hatch.

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC, Sue Bee. Glad you decided join our flock. Wow, I would love to see a 700 lb. pumpkin! Black Sex Links are my favorite chickens as they are friendly and hardy, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!!
I am celebrating mothers day weekend with 2 new duckings and hoping for more!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom