introducing new chickens to the coop

We have used chicken wire and have had zero problems even out in the country with a known presence of raccoons and foxes around. I am of your same mindset--first sign of an issue we'll change things. Until then, don't fix what ain't broke. (PS only 2 birds we ever lost to predators were lost broad daylight while free ranging. One had evidence of a bloody fight, one just never came home to roost one day)

We have used chicken wire and have had zero problems even out in the country with a known presence of raccoons and foxes around. I am of your same mindset--first sign of an issue we'll change things. Until then, don't fix what ain't broke. (PS only 2 birds we ever lost to predators were lost broad daylight while free ranging. One had evidence of a bloody fight, one just never came home to roost one day)

This thread was last post in about 2 years ago.
But
welcome-byc.gif

I have 4 young silkies and I tried to sneak 2 more that are a little younger in during the night but once they woke up and we're let out! The older ones were terrible !! They chased and pecked them so I've had to take them out! I've put them side by side in different cages hoping they will get used to each other! Not sure when to try again???

Back
Top Bottom