Introducing new chicks to older chicks??

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
hi, i have 4 banties, one i think is a roo, when i have tried to introduce a my silkies(week olds) he seemed to consider them intruders and went after them, i have had them in an enclosure so they can hear and see them,the other banties don't seem too upset by their presence...

this is snow, duccle...possible roo
P1050466.jpg

and the silkies

P1050663.jpg

not sure what to name them yet, they are so sweet!

ok, thanks, snow was not happy at all, his head feathers up - usually all of them are mellow...will try again in a couple weeks...

How old are your older chicks? If it is a couple of weeks you might be able to, I would just watch the older chicks reaction to them. My 3 weeks olds have been completely ignoring my under a weekers and so I feel that they are fine for now. One of my little chicklets even follws the 3 weekers everywhere in the brooder.

The reason I had said what I did is that your older chicks look like adults in the pictures. I would try an introduction and watch everyones reaction.

The older ones are are almost 2 months- but are accepting, the white one is almost a month and he/she is a bit testy so the silkies are back in their enclosure in the same room...

Back
Top Bottom