Introducing new ducks

duckduckgoose13

Chirping
Aug 8, 2020
Hello everyone! So I have 2 Pekin ducks, both female and recently one has gotten very lethargic with arthritis so she isn’t walking a lot and may not be around much longer. With that, my other girl has been on her own and in need of friends so I went to find her another female friend. I ended up getting two ducks, a bonded pair of runner ducks both male and female. I have only had them a few hours and have the runner ducks in a wire dog cage so my other ducks can see them. I have let them out but my girls show 0 interest in these new ducks. The only one that shows interest is the male duck who will charge at my ducks. How do I introduce them properly? Should I have just gotten the female because the male is seeming to be protective over his female?

Hello everyone! So I have 2 Pekin ducks, both female and recently one has gotten very lethargic with arthritis so she isn’t walking a lot and may not be around much longer. With that, my other girl has been on her own and in need of friends so I went to find her another female friend. I ended up getting two ducks, a bonded pair of runner ducks both male and female. I have only had them a few hours and have the runner ducks in a wire dog cage so my other ducks can see them. I have let them out but my girls show 0 interest in these new ducks. The only one that shows interest is the male duck who will charge at my ducks. How do I introduce them properly? Should I have just gotten the female because the male is seeming to be protective over his female?
It may take 2-4 weeks of letting them see no touch
Can you separate the pen area with chicken wire ? Or something thry can see through
Also how old is your pekin with issues ?
Have you ever given extra niacin ?

It may take 2-4 weeks of letting them see no touch
Can you separate the pen area with chicken wire ? Or something thry can see through
Also how old is your pekin with issues ?
Have you ever given extra niacin ?
I can separate the pen into two for now. And she’s about 2 years old. I have been giving her extra niacin for about a month because my first thought was a niacin deficiency.

I can separate the pen into two for now. And she’s about 2 years old. I have been giving her extra niacin for about a month because my first thought was a niacin deficiency.
Are you using durvet vitamin B complex ? If so are you giving it straight or in the water and how much
Are you also adding nutritional yeast to feed ?

That would be great if you could separate the pen

Are you using durvet vitamin B complex ? If so are you giving it straight or in the water and how much
Are you also adding nutritional yeast to feed ?

That would be great if you could separate the pen
Yes I’ve been giving it amongst peas, does this help with arthritis?

And I’ve separated the drake and tried introducing two of the girls and my Pekin wants nothing to do with the new runner and my runner just chases her around.

Yes I’ve been giving it amongst peas, does this help with arthritis?

And I’ve separated the drake and tried introducing two of the girls and my Pekin wants nothing to do with the new runner and my runner just chases her around.
The durvet vitamin B complex helps with leg issues
@Miss Lydia would you think it may help with possible arthritis ?

My Muscovy drake has arthritis and a friend told me about cosequin she sent me some to try with him and he has been taking it for close to a year now and he hasn't limped in about 8 months I put it over a treat and add just enough warm water so the powder and is mixed into the treat. Her vet rec her using this on her pekin who was having problems . He told her to be sure it had MSM in it too.
IMG_1728.jpeg

My Muscovy drake has arthritis and a friend told me about cosequin she sent me some to try with him and he has been taking it for close to a year now and he hasn't limped in about 8 months I put it over a treat and add just enough warm water so the powder and is mixed into the treat. Her vet rec her using this on her pekin who was having problems . He told her to be sure it had MSM in it too. View attachment 3457985
How much do I give her???

Back
Top Bottom