Introducing pullets

Fox66

In the Brooder
May 25, 2017
i have three 14 week pullets. Two white leghorns and a golden comet. And for 8-9month old hens. Two Jersey Giant hybrids and two buff leghorns. The pullets have been housed in a separate coop/run inside the same enclosure for approximately a month and free ranging with the hens for about a week now with a few chases but nothing too crazy. And the last two nights I've put them in the Big hen house to roost at night with the hens with no problems. I've tried letting them all in the enclosure together only to have to separate them the buff leghorns will goo crazy to try and corner them. I'm worried they may get hurt. Should I just let this play out and see what happens? I'm new to this and understand that they need to create a pecking order.

I ended up having to lock up one of the big girls. She's pretty mad about it. Now they have all been in the enclosure for the past 1 1/2 hrs with no problems I think the one hen was getting the others amped up. I'm going to keep her separated for a couple days and then let her out and seee what she does....If she continues to be aggressive I may have to remove her from the flock.

Back
Top Bottom