1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Introducing the Bolin family flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Colonel, Nov 6, 2014.

1. The Colonel

The Colonel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. The Colonel

Mar 23, 2014
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Your flock has a nice mix of breeds, as well as the added excitement of multiple roosters.

4. Bonza Chooks

Bonza Chooks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2014
    They're beautiful! You are so lucky to be able to have roosters. I live in a city, so I can't have them. Do they have names?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  5. The Colonel

Mar 23, 2014
    Middle TN

All of them have names.
    It wasn't very easy coming up with 23, but yes, between my children and my wife and I, we name them as soon as we get them. It gives them character and really makes them part of the family.
    We have the First Lady, Pigpen, her daughter Mini Pen, Mama hen, Tyson, Flip, Flop, Red, Piper, Blinkin, Helmet, Stripe, Pigeon, Einstein, Tesla, the 3 stooges, Big Red, Socrates, Apollo, Lulu, and Huey.

6. The Colonel

Mar 23, 2014
    Middle TN
    I love my roosters. I couldn't imagine not being able to keep my babies. Boys or not lol, I do regretfully have to get rid of some boys, but it's worth it to not have ladies broke down. I have four that crow right now, and it wouldn't be a perfect day until I hear them all in the morning.

7. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I like having roosters around, too. They are such characters. We decided to build a bachelor coop for some of them, because we could not bring ourselves to re-home the ones we hand raised.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  8. Bonza Chooks

Bonza Chooks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2014

I love the 3 stooges!

9. The Colonel

Mar 23, 2014
    Middle TN
    That's my 3 silkie pullets. Lol I thought about getting leg tags for them so I can tell them apart and give them their proper names, Loretta, Monigue, and Curly Sue.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by