Introducing the Supremes~

TheSupremes

Chirping
Oct 21, 2021
Hello Everyone!

My name is Karen and I am new around here! :) My husband Michael and I are relatively new owners of a flock of chickens and we would love to learn from and contribute to this forum!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We are very new to chickens. We got our first chickens just this past April!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 6 chickens!

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have 2 White Crested Black Polish name Ruth and Elena, 2 Cream Legbars named Sonia and Amy, and 2 Easter Eggers named Florence and Sandra. (Get it??)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They are so sweet (most of the time) and fun to watch -- each have their own personalities! Oh and love the eggs they give us!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Michael and I are runners, MCU geeks, science nerds, and generally fun loving people.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

So far it's the two of us -- but we are expecting our first little one in a week (yes, a week!) Michael works in education, I am a project manager/engineer. No other pets (yet -- there has been mention of a goat or two to help with brush abatement on our property...)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have seen BYC pop up when I searched for guidance/information about raising chickens. Currently going through at least one of our chickens having foot problems and thought I should really sign up so we can interact with and learn from everyone!

Back
Top Bottom