Introducing...

Hello! I am hailing from cold northern Quebec and attempting our first try at chicken raising. So far we have been doing pretty good with 7 lovely hens (6 white leg horns and 1 Isa Brown) They seem to be healthy and happy. We are constantly learning news things about them and are really enjoying their eggs and their little chicken personalities as well.
Because we have been enjoying so much and turns out fresh farm eggs are quite popular we thought our coop can easily fit at the max 5 more ladies so we put in an order for some eggs for hatching. Because we live in the north and everything takes forever to get here we went with a higher amount of eggs to ensure a minimal hatch rate. As I am writing this my egg lady has just shipped us 8 Easter eggers, 6 Rhode Island Whites, and 6 Polish Tolbunts which I am over the moon about.
Now I must navigate incubation, hatching chicks, and then moving the young ones to the main coop before the start of winter which over here should arrive in about 2 months.
I will be scouring this website as I have since the beginning of our chicken journey for all the advice I can get. Thank you all very much. :)

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom