1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Introducing..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dainerra, Jun 4, 2011.

1. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    well, me! [​IMG]

I've grown up with chickens; they were just always around. I currently have 2 RIR hens, 2 Americanas, and 4 Americana pullets. Actually, I think that is turning into 3 pullets and one cockerel. I also have 2 GSDs, 4 bunnies and 2 kids. And a husband, but I like to imagine that he can look after himself [​IMG]

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    [​IMG] from Northern CA... so glad you found us... You might as well have that hubby start building you a new coop to fit all the new chickens we will encourage you to get LOLOLOL... it's an addiction and we are enablers.... welcome to the craziness [​IMG]

3. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
    going to expand the run next week, but 10 is my limit for birds here. My landlord is pretty open-minded thank goodness, but he does have his limits. That is more than enough to keep me in eggs.

I'm going to have to get some pics of my little cockerel; he's going to be a cutie. Creamy white, with a few light tan splotches on his back/wings, then 2 black feathers in his white tail.

4. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Land lords have been known to soften tremendously to oodles of chickens when they get free eggs [​IMG]

5. Chickenberry

Chickenberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! Welcome!

You must already know your stuff with all the abbreviations you used! [​IMG]

6. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
    unfortunately, my landlord has his own flock lol

mostly, I'm limited by space here. The lot isn't huge and I need to leave some space for the dogs. Eventually, I want to find some "real" Araucanas, from a trust-worthy breeder.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

8. Dirk Chesterfield

Dirk Chesterfield Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.